Jack Dorsey, Twitter’s CEO, hinted recently that Twitter might get some interesting updates designed to help users follow Twitter conversation threads more easily and know who among their followers is online.
The two features may come out soon
Dorsey introduced the idea by tweeting: “Playing with some new Twitter features: presence (who else is on Twitter right now?) and threading (easier to read convos).” The second feature —threaded replies– will make it easier for users to see who among their followers is replying without having to check the tweet and see who it is addressed to.
In response to a request for public feedback, some responded positively, saying that it is an important addition as the replies or comments to a tweet can become quite messy and confusing pretty quickly, while others were not happy with the features. A spokesperson replied by saying that users would definitely have full control over sharing their presence.
Hence, users who are not a fan of these two features can turn it on or off at any time.
Twitter testing a very interesting feature
The social network is testing a somewhat surprising feature that will suggest to its users about who they could unfollow. The micro-blogging site is testing this feature and it was even rolled out to some Twitter users on a tentative basis. A report by Hypebeast notes that the tech company confirmed doing a trial of a feature that provides personalized lists of unfollow suggestions.
According to a company rep, the feature compiles handle names of users that a given user does not engage with on a regular basis, in order to create more relevant timelines.
- How to Become a Professional Esports Player - May 9, 2022
- Four Common Health Concerns for Esports Athletes - April 24, 2022
- Understanding the Esports Ecosystem - April 8, 2022
- Common Esports Stereotypes You Should Know About - March 24, 2022
- History of Esports and Competitive Gaming - March 8, 2022
- Why Esports Have Become Popular? - February 21, 2022
- The Impact of Esports in Education - February 6, 2022
- The Partnership of Esports and the Metaverse - January 20, 2022
- A Beginner’s Guide to Esports - January 5, 2022
- More European Countries Adopt the Green Pass: EU Digital Certificate - December 21, 2021