Recent attacks on business from around the globe have caused concern to other organizations that have not been affected by such attacks. A recent survey of small to medium sized businesses in the UK showed that more than 60% of these companies have not yet invested in better security.
Ronald Noble, founder of RKN Global, says businesses of any size can and should make an effort to increase their level of security, as a new malware attack could strike at any moment.
Steps that businesses should take can include using and activating antivirus software that has been specifically designed to protect systems from a malware attack. Employees should also be aware that data on USB sticks and other data sources could contain malware and bugs. They should therefore be careful about what they upload to any device, scanning it for malware before using it.
Businesses, no matter how large or small they are, should review their overall level of security. This could help to determine how vulnerable they are to attack, highlighting any issues that they may have missed in the past. It seems that victims of the recent malware attacks are not limited to multinational organizations, as some smaller businesses have also fallen victim. Hackers behind these attacks are not simply intent on taking down global businesses, but also businesses that affect the lives of ordinary people more directly.
RKN Global’s founder, Ronald K. Noble, urges all businesses no matter their size, to educate their employees about good cybersecurity practices.
There is concern that the need to enhance the level of security is not being heard by business owners. This could be due to a lack of understanding about the attacks, but it could also be due to the costs associated with upgrading security systems.
There is a real need for businesses everywhere to heighten their security, but widespread apathy and lack of concern is a real threat. Business owners should be aware that increasing security can only be a good thing. It may potentially be costly, but in the big picture, this is a shortsighted reason not to take the necessary steps to protect their businesses.
- How Does Conflict Affect Food Security? - September 14, 2022
- Food Waste and Food Insecurity - August 30, 2022
- Poverty and Food Insecurity - August 10, 2022
- The Impact of Climate Change on Food Security - July 25, 2022
- What Is the Future of Esports after COVID-19? - July 10, 2022
- How Esports Is Poised To Take Over Traditional Sports - June 24, 2022
- How Esports Is Changing the Sports Industry - June 9, 2022
- 4 Tips for Becoming a Pro Esports Gamer - May 25, 2022
- How to Become a Professional Esports Player - May 9, 2022
- Four Common Health Concerns for Esports Athletes - April 24, 2022